Pages

Friday, July 8, 2011

Time to change the law...

I received the message below on one of the food lists I'm on. Seems silly. Once it may have made sense, but I'm not sure when that would have been...

COPY OF MESSAGE

I received this new article from one of our UC Irvine Community garden
members.  I am president of the community garden here in SoCal.

A woman in Oak Park has had a new sewer dug and replaced her lawn with
vegetables.  According to this news report, she is having to fight the
City Council and risks jail time.

Oak Parks City Planning and Technology Director is Kevin Rulkowski.

The city website is:
http://www.oakpark-mi.com/technical_planning/index.asp

I plan to call Mr. Rulkowski and weigh in to this situation.  If members
of the Michigan sustainable agriculture community will also voice their
opinions, I am sure that it will have more significant impact.

http://www.theagitator.com/2011/07/07/does-michelle-obama-know-about-this/


Thanks
Lu Forrest
--
Lu Forrest D.V.M.
285 Irvine Hall
Department of Physiology and Biophysics
University of California, Irvine
Irvine CA  92697-4561

No comments:

Post a Comment