Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Back to the future

Last year about this time I wrote a series on the Simple, Good and Tasty site (www.simplegoodandtasty.com) about 21st Century farming. It was about my belief that we were experiencing a renaissance in farming, particularly small scale farming. I see it happening, but, then again, just because I see it, doesn't mean its a national trend.

Recently Slow Food USA's newsletter carried an article from USA Today that said exactly the same thing. I am so pleased to be right :-). It is a hopeful sign that there is a re-focusing on the farming lifestyle. Perhaps we are going back to a work ethic of a prior time, now with the benefit of technology that our ancestors didn't have. A work ethic and a sense of place and pride. A connection to the earth and a respect. I do hope it's not too much to ask. And hope it's not too late....



No comments:

Post a Comment