Pages

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Consciousness revisited



Today at the grocery I saw something that almost made me stop and stare, but I didn't. Even so, I can't get the image out of my mind.

I had just checked out and was annoyed that I'd forgotten my eco-friendly shopping bags, so I had to use the store's plastic ones. Yes, I could have bought more eco bags, but how many do I really need? On the way toward the exit I saw a woman in the self-check line setting up one of those eco bags to fill. It was a nice sight. Someone trying to do the right thing. Less petroleum, more earth friendly. A conscious choice.

Then I saw what she was putting in the bag. It was just the perfect shape and size to hold stacks of frozen dinners, boxed foods and all manner of processed things. I honestly didn't see a fruit or veggie anywhere in all her purchases. A conscious choice to use eco friendly bags and what appeared to me to be a completely unconscious choice of the food to put in the bag. Maybe I'm wrong, but it looked really odd to me. Go figgur....

No comments:

Post a Comment