Pages

Monday, January 30, 2012

Healthier cleaning

Growing up I knew that some of the things under the sink were dangerous, but most things my parents used to clean windows, sinks, floors, tubs and more were not seriously dangerous. Today it seems that just about every cleaning item is. And people don't want those kinds of things in their homes.

At the same time, when I was growing up cleaning was hard work, and those chemicals that crept into the cleaning products over the years were intended to make life "easier" and "save time" while imparting a lovely "fresh" scent. But it seems that was short term easy because illness is hard. And I've never understood what happened to all that time that was saved, if it was...

Now we seem to be circling back to the old ways, and that may just involve taking more time and elbow grease to get things clean. I'm really ok with that. What about you?


No comments:

Post a Comment