Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

A year of "yes"

A conscious choice....

It's not something that I can take credit for thinking up. And I'm not sure where I even ran across it as an idea. But it feels right and I'm ready!

Ta-da!

Next, year - 2013 - is going to be my year of "yes." What is that, you ask? It is saying yes, when I would have said no. Taking chances that I would have avoided. Experiencing things that I've been so sure I don't like, don't want to do. It is the opposite of the life of "no" that has been part of me for so long. The "can't" the "shouldn't" the "won't work" and the "I don't." All the sureness that I had about what just wasn't who I was is gone. Pitched out the window and replaced with an openness to possibilities (even those ones that seem questionable) that could lead to who knows what?

It's not about anything more than living life to the fullest by embracing the real me. A me that somehow got lost a long time ago and who is finding her way back to the surface.

So what are some things I've recently said "yes" to in my warm up to my year of "yes"?

  • Sticking with a class (as a student) that would have been easier for me to drop. 
  • Dropping a class that would have been financially safer for me (as an instructor) to continue.
  • Agreeing to travel to a work meeting that would have been easy for me to avoid.
  • Agreeing to take on responsibilities that cause me to step waayyy outside my comfort zone.
Yet, all these things feel good. Right. Like growing into more competence and peace and away from anxiousness and doubt. I can't wait to see what other yes opportunities lie ahead. If it works, then the year of yes may become my way of being and not just another New Year's resolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment